With over 1,200 seed varieties in ~25 vegetable crops, Nunhems is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry. Our breeding programs are able to deliver innovative products which in turn help improve our customers’ business growth and profitability. We serve the vegetable produce industry and supply chain worldwide and are among the world's four leading vegetable seed companies. But what sets us apart is that we focus as much on customers as on seeds.
BASF was the first company in vegetable seeds to replace country organizations by Crop Teams. Focusing on a single crop, these groups of experts are responsible for bringing together the company’s global resources for the benefit of local growers.
We have a lot to tell you, so let’s start with the most important thing.
Why is this the job for you?
Still reading? Then we’re happy to provide you with more details.
In the role of Sales Specialist, you will drive our leek and celeriac business growth, mainly in Belgium and the Netherlands. Through frequent visits to leek and celeriac growers, you will develop a deep understanding of the individual needs of our clients and offer added value solutions. With a strong agronomical focus and a decent understanding of the market environment, you will provide support and build partnership with key players in the market.
You will be part of an international team of sales and product specialists, all specialized in Leek and celeriac. You will have colleagues in Belgium and The Netherlands. They will be your daily sparring partner next to your manager, who is located in Belgium. You are preferably living in Flanders or Noord-Brabant or Southwest- Netherlands where the majority of our customers are based.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in agriculture.
• We encourage young graduates to apply. Proven track record in sales in agricultural solutions is a plus.
• Affinity with agriculture and knowledge of vegetable crops is required to be successful in this role.
• Fluency in Dutch and English, both oral and written, is mandatory for this role.
• Strong personality with sound interpersonal skills; good communications skills, ability to listen, to analyze customer needs and to build strong relations with different stakeholders.
• Natural networker with a go-getting attitude to further grow the business and to expand current business relations.
• Ability to solve complex challenges and to keep the overview even under pressure
At BASF Vegetable Seeds you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
BASF employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
• excellent salary including vacation allowance, smartphone and expense allowances;
• performance bonus and year end premium;
• 29 days off;
• an inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues;
• a successful innovative organization;
• international career possibilities;
• challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop.
Are you the go-getter to further grow our Crop Business?
Send us your CV and motivation letter by June 30th! If you have any questions about the position, you can contact Sofie Duchateau firstname.lastname@example.org via +31 6 24 96 28 78.